Beginner Adult Kung Fu & Kung Fu (course code: KF100)
Up to three times weekly:
Mondays and Thursdays 6:00-6:55 pm Saturdays 9:00-9:55 am; 55 minutes
This program features a full hour of foundation skills and core training principles. Beginner and intermediate students are coached by a primary instructor as well as senior students in a variety of single and suggroup setttings.
Registration Form Required! if you haven't completed one yet, make sure you do so. This is an essential step, along with program selection and payment delivery. You can click here, find the Register Here! page link on our main menu or as a link from the Adults Kung Fu page.
Selections: 1. Select your training level. 2. Select the session dates. 3. Select the correct uniform size as needed, then click "add to cart". Equipment & other items can be found on the Gear page.
Read the information on Uniform Requirements, Policies, Training Hall Rules & Manners and Breakdown of Fees as shown.
Adult Kung Fu: Beginner to Intermediate Levels
- School uniform T-shirt. Add one to your shopping cart if you don't already have one.
- Pants requirement: plain black pants, no stripes or makings, supplied by student.
- Students must have clean indoor runners. Sock feet are not advisable for safety reasons.
The standard for wearing your uniform is as follows:
- All items must be clean and in good condition. Students are responsible to keep their uniform mended or replace when necessary. All items must be scent and odour-free.
- Shoes: must be clean and properly fastened. Students supply their own shoes for indoor-only use.
- Uniform Shirts: must be tucked inside pants. Sleeves may not be rolled up.
- Uniform Sweatshirts: untucked, sleeves may not be rolled up during performances.
- Traditional Uniform Tops: top one or two buttons may be undone for training. Only the top button may be undone if performing. Sleeves may be folded neatly up to the elbow crease or left unfolded. A uniform T-shirt or sweatshirt must be worn underneath, which is to be tucked into the pants. The traditional uniform top is not tucked in. Belts or sashes are worn underneath.
- Uniform Jackets: zipped up to mid chest level with pockets tucked in. Sleeves may not be rolled up when worn in public.
- Kung Fu Training Belt: is to be tied in either visible or hidden, fully-braided mode. New students may request tying instruction from senior colleagues.
- Kung Fu Sash: must be tied to the right in a single loop knot. The longer tassel may be slightly exposed from underneath the uniform top. Sashes are typically worn with full uniform at special performances and ceremonies.
- Pants: legs may not be rolled up. Pockets, when present must be tucked in and remain empty.
- Other items to be worn as appropriate.
- No additional markings, stickers, symbols, badges, headbands, hats, jewelry, adornments, and so on, may be added to any uniform item nor worn by the student while in uniform.
Read general policies and training hall rules & manners below.
Training Level Placement/Course Selection: students are permitted to register for Intermediate and Advanced training levels as they are deemed qualified though examinations. If you select a training level higher than your qualifications you will be grouped in your appropriate training level.